Pro Kabaddi 2019: UP Yoddha seal their first win
After two back to back losses, UP Yoddha bounced back to win their first match of the Pro Kabaddi 2019. They defeated U Mumba 27-23 to take first winning points in the league. It was a second loss for the Mumbai based side in their home leg.
How UP Yoddha won their 1st match of season 7 against U Mumba - 5 Reasons Why
1. Rishank was back! Heavily strapped! Raided with caution, but that meant only one thing, the moral of UP was up. Played a perfect captain role, playing into the minds of the raiders while defending, backed the defence when it mattered, put the important empty raids, playing out 30 sec to perfection.
2. Yong Chang Ko, upped his game when it mattered the most, his tackles with Sandeep and Surender makes him a strong playing 7 contender over Harinder. But Surinder solo advance (mindless) tackles on Monu lost the game for the team.
3. Rohit Baliyan was the sole raider, playing Athul MS over a struggling Abhishek/Arjun could have worked well for UM, esp when the defenders were playing a high line of defense.
4. Fazal controlled the game well, UM was alive in the game thanks to couple of super tackles, but the Abhishek getting trapped to Nitesh ankle hold supported by Sumit was curtains for U Mumba.
5. UP defence was holding up well through the game. A new defender has arrived. Remember this name, Sumit. Perfect ankle hold like NADA, end line defending like Iranians and perfect dash like Girish. 8 tackles, 6 tackle points, first victory for UP. If Nitish and Sumit work - this team is back in contention.
U Mumba entered the stadium as the favorites to win and took an early lead into the match. However, power-packed UP got into the game, and went past U Mumba as the match went closer to the half time. Inflicting an all-out in the last raid before the half time, UP Yoddha were leading 14-12.
In the second half, U Mumba attacked back on UP with a few successful tackles by Surender Singh, Young Chang Ko and Fazel Atrachali. However, the situation was similar in the UP Yoddha's side of the mat as Nitesh Kumar and Sumit went on to aggressively tackle the Mumbai raiders. Sumit also picked up an High5 in the second half.
With the score difference down to two points in the final couple of minutes of the game, Monu Goyat raided successfully to pick up the final points for the team and leading them to victory. He finished the match with 6 points and so did Sumit.
U Mumba moved to the third position in the Pro Kabaddi Points Table with 12 points, while UP are placed on the 10th position above Telugu Titans and Puneri Paltan.
Head to Head: UMumba and UP Yoddha both are at 2 wins each
UMumba vs UP Yoddha Preview
UMumba is facing the UP Yoddha as Sandeep Narwal and Fazel Atrachali battle it out against Nitesh Kumar who was the best defender of last season becoming the first defender in league history to score 100 points.
Monu Goyat and Shrikant Jadhav have been letting UP down this season as they also miss senior players in the team like Rishank Devadiga and Jeeva Kumar in the line up.
For the UMumba, Abhishek Singh, Arjun Deshwal have been performing really well, as defenders Sandeep Narwal, Fazel Atrachali and Surinder Singh have made a strong statement this season.