Rules : K7 Qualifiers
Weight Limit & Mandatory Requirements
- The weight limit for K7-Qualifiers Men’s is 75 kgs and below. There shall be one round of official weigh-in before the tournament begins. If any player or players fail to appear for the official weigh-in, they shall not be allowed to participate in K7 Qualifiers for that Season. If any player or players are recorded as weighing more than the 75 kg weight limit, they shall not be allowed to participate for that season.
- The technical committee shall conduct the weigh-ins which shall be treated as the official weight for the player in K7 Qualifiers.
- Player age should be less than 21 years as on February 1st 2021.
- A professional player - this includes having played in a Pro Kabaddi League match or being paid salary by a firm or organization (eg. Railways, ONGC, BPCL) - will not be allowed to participate in K7 Qualifiers. On the other hand if the player is only being paid a temporary stipend by an organization he is allowed to participate in K7 Qualifiers.
- If a player has qualified to participate in the K7 Qualifiers he will be allowed to play K7 even if he has turned pro.
- Team managers from other teams shall be allowed to observe the weigh-in.
Matches and Tournament Format
- 16 teams will be divided into 4 groups. Group A, Group B, Group C and Group D.
- The teams will play in a round robin format against the other 3 teams in its group. Matches of Group A will be held on Day-1, Group B on Day-2, Group C on Day-3, Group D on Day-4.
- The winners and runners-up of each group will qualify to play in the K7 Season-1.
- Winners of each group will take home a cash prize of Rs 26000 and runners-up of each group will take home Rs 13000. The 3rd and 4th placed teams will take home Rs 6000 and Rs 3000 respectively.
- Best Raider, Best Defender, Best All Rounder from each group will take a cash prize of Rs 5000 each. The decision will be based on rankings displayed on the website. NOTE: based on official scorer statistics.
- Best Raider will be given to the player with the most Raid Points in the Pool.
- Best Defender will be given to the player with the most Tackle Points in the Pool.
- Best All-Rounder will be given to a player with most (Raid Points + 2 times Tackle Points) who has scored at least 5 raid points and at least 3 tackle points. Best All-Rounder will be given to a player who has not already been awarded Best Raider or Best Defender.
The team, which scores the highest number of points at the end of the match, shall be declared the winner.
- A win will secure the team 2 points and a tie will secure 1 point each for both teams. A loss will mean 0 points.
- In the event of a 3-way tie between 3 teams in a group, the score difference against other two teams will serve as a tie-breaker.
- In the event of a 3-way tie between 2 teams in a group, the score difference in matches only against the top 3 teams will serve as a tie-breaker.
- In the event of any two teams having the same score difference, then total points scored is used as a tie-breaker.
- In the event of any two teams having the same score difference and same total points scored, the winner of the match between these two team will rank higher.
- Insults or inappropriate behaviour or Threat of violence against a referee or another player will be seriously evaluated.
- Any red cards during K7 Qualifiers will deem the player ineligible to participate in the upcoming season of K7.
- NOTE: Random dope tests shall be conducted. If any individual is found guilty, the concerned individual shall be debarred for 2 years from K7-Qualifiers and K7.
- The entire squad shall be present along with the head coach and assistant coach for the Qualifiers days relevant to their group.
- Head Coach for K7 Qualifiers should remain the same for K7 should the team qualify.
- At least 5 members from the current squad must be included in the K7 squad should the team qualify.
- Any member who has been on mat for more than 100 raids should be a part of the K7 squad should the team qualify.
How to participate in K7 Qualifiers
Kabaddi academies/clubs needs to apply to participate in K7 Qualifiers. The minimum criteria include
- Atleast 1 NIS certified coach associated with academy
- Be a registered body
- Alumini from academy needs to have participated in Junior Nationals or/and Khelo India