How and where to participate in Red Bull Tashan 2019
Red Bull Tashan, a competitive Kabaddi tournament for players at grassroots level is back and all set to host the first ever Patna edition on 27th and 28th March 2019. Organised in association with the Pro Kabaddi League franchise Patna Pirates, the tournament aims to widen the reach and further develop the ancient and iconic Indian sport at a grass-root level in the country.
Held on a knockout basis, the winners will get the glorious opportunity to train with the Patna Pirates team at their home stadium during the 7th season of Pro Kabaddi League.
Patna Qualifiers - Red Bull Tashan in association with Patna Pirates:
Date: 27th and 28th March 2019
Venue: AN College Ground, Patna
Open to players between the ages of 17-21 and belonging to a club or college, Red Bull Tashan makes strategy a key component of the matches, which run half the duration of Pro Kabaddi League games. While in the latter, each half consists of 20 minutes, in this tournament, each half consists of only 10 minutes each, making the entire duration of the game 20 minutes.
Rules of Red Bull Tashan:
- Each team must consist of a minimum of 10 and a maximum of 12 players.
- Age category: 17-21 years.
- Match Duration: 20 minutes, divided into halves of 10 minutes each, along with a 3-minute interval between halves.
- Teams will be allowed to take one ‘time out’ of 30 seconds each in each half.
- Each team is allowed a maximum of five substitutions during the playing time of 20 minutes.
- The team that wins the toss shall have the choice of the court, or the raid, and the team that loses the toss shall have the remaining choice.
- A raider shall continue to chant ‘kabaddi‘as the approved chant. Failure to do so while in the opponent’s court will lead to him being ordered back, and the opponent awarded one technical point and a chance to raid.
- One point shall be awarded to the raider when he crosses the bonus line. The bonus line rule is applicable when there are a minimum of six players on the field. If the raider is caught after crossing the bonus line, the opposing team will also be awarded one point. The side that scores an ‘all-out‘, shall score two extra points.
- The term ‘super tackle’ refers to when a raider is tackled by three or less of players, while ‘super raid’ refers to when a raider is able to touch three or more players and the raid is successful. In both cases, one bonus point is awarded to the respective team.
- No consecutive raid can be an empty one.
- If the match stands at a tie at the end of 20 minutes, a ’golden raid’ will be conducted. In this, a toss will take place, and the side that wins the toss raids first. All seven players of the opposing team will be on the field. If the match continues to stand at a tie after the first golden raid, the opposing team is awarded a chance at a golden raid. If the game is still tied thereafter, the winner will be decided by a toss.