Highlights of the Pandemic Effected 2020 Kabaddi Calendar!
The year 2020 was an unexpected year for all of us. The world come to a stand still with the Novel Corona Virus. Sports all over the world was effected due to the untimely Pandemic. Premier sporting events like Olympics, Indian Premier League, Wimbledon, Premier League Football, Pro Kabaddi League, and many others were postponed or put off indefinitely.
Kabaddi being one of the contact sports, made it very difficult to resume. Given the nature of the Corona Virus which led to the postponement of Pro Kabaddi League Season 8 to 2021
But before the world came to a stand still, Kabaddi had a very exciting first few months of 2020. Here is the Highlights of 2020 Kabaddi Calendar:
1. 2019 finished with a bang. First with India dominating South Asian Games, winning the finals against Sri Lanka by a massive 33 points. This was India's 10th gold at the South Asian Games.
2. Then onto one of the most exciting and tightly fought tournaments - the 69th Railways Nationals. North Eastern Railway led by Gujarat Fortunegiants trio - Rohit Gulia, Parvesh Bhainswal and Sunil Kumar lifting the Railways Nationals. In a closely fought battle they beat raid duo Vikas Kandola and Naveen led East Central Railways. In a surprise Pawan Sehrawat led Northern Railways could not make it beyond quarter finals.
3. This was followed by Junior Nationals, back in Rohtak Haryana. Held in Maharshi Dayanand University and online for the first time on KabaddiAdda. A superbly fought high energy tournament with SAI and UP fighting a close battle in the finals. SAI has won the tournament from 2013-2017 but missed out in 2018. They have now come back to their winning ways in the 46th Junior Nationals with young raider Meetu ending up on the top with 52 points.
5. This was followed by the most important tournament in Kabaddi - 67th Senior Nationals held in Jaipur, Rajasthan. It was all about Naveen Kumar vs Pawan Sehrawat. Naveen Kumar was the lead raider for the tournament and for Services scoring a massive 74 points in 7 matches. However, Pawan Sehrawat had the last laugh when Railways edged out Services 29-27 in the Finals to win Senior Nationals for a 2nd consecutive year.
6. In another brilliant effort, Indian Railways Women comfortably won the 67th Senior Nationals overcoming resistance from Himachal Pradesh. The Railways women are simply too dominant!
7. That tournament was the abrupt end to 2020 calendar affected due to the pandemic with even Pro Kabaddi League season 8 being postponed to 2021. We are looking forward to a revival and some great Kabaddi in 2021.
We at Kabaddi Adda would like to wish a Happy New Year to all Kabaddi fans across the world!
Missing Live Kabaddi action? Watch Retro Live season 3 and re-live some of the best Kabaddi from 2019!