PKL 10: Predicted Playing 7 of U Mumba for their opening Pro Kabaddi League match against UP Yoddhas
When U Mumba step out to play their first Pro Kabaddi League season 10 match, they will find UP Yoddhas up against them at the Trans Stadia arena in Ahmedabad. Mumba will be aiming to enter their 4th PKL finale this year and they do have a squad which can attempt to do so.
If we talk about how they won the PKL title in season 2 then the runners-up of the inaugural season, established their dominance with a formidable defensive lineup. In 14 league encounters, U Mumba triumphed in an impressive 12, showcasing their prowess.
As the season concluded, they not only boasted the highest tally of tackle points (196) but also secured the top spot for average tackles points per match (12.25).
The Season 2 finale witnessed U Mumba facing off against the Bengaluru Bulls. The contest appeared to be heading for a tight conclusion in the latter half, until Shabeer Bappu's Super Raid in the dying minutes sealed the victory for U Mumba with a final score of 36-30.
They reached back to back finals from Season 1 to Season 3 but since then they have finished 5th, 7th, 3rd, 4th, 10th and 9th. With head coach Gholamreza Mazandarani back for a 2nd stint, U Mumba will play with an intent to land their 2nd PKL title this year.
Predicted playing 7 for U Mumba against UP Yoddhas
1. Guman Singh (Centre Raider): U Mumba's main man in the raiding department, Guman Singh will operate as the Central raider. He was retained by U Mumba ahead of PKL 10 auction thanks to his performance in season 9. He scored 137 raid points including 7 Super 10s and averaged 7.61 raid points per match.
2. Surinder Singh (Right Cover): The Mumbai base outfit retained Surinder Singh and he is all set to play his 5th season with the club. Surinder scored a total of 35 tackle points in season 9 with an average of 2.92 tackle points per match.
3. Mahender Singh (Left Cover): After spending 5 seasons with the Bengaluru Bulls, Left cover Mahender Singh is all set to appear for U Mumba this season. He was a crucial part of the Bengaluru Bulls team that won the Pro Kabaddi League title in season 6, scoring 63 tackle points. Last year he scored 44 tackle points and he will look to improve his performance this year.
4. Jai Bhagwan (Right In Raider): Having made his debut last season with U Mumba, Jai Bhagwan was retained by Gholamreza Mazandarani due to his impressive outing last year. Despite being a raider, Jai Bhagwan contributed in the defense as well, scoring 75 raid points and 15 tackle points. His efficiency will once again be in demand this season.
5. Heidarali Ekrami (Left In Raider): The Iranian raider also debuted with U Mumba last season and produced a decent performance with regards to his experience. In 12 matches he scored 32 raid points and his performance is expected to improve under the coaching of his national team head coach.
6. Rinku (Right Corner): Season 9's 10th Best defender Rinku will feature in the right corner once again for U Mumba. It will be his 3rd full season with the club since joining in 2021. On his debut season, Rinku scored 60 tackle points whereas last season he scored 59. This year he is expected to touch the 70-point mark at least.
7. Girish Maruti Ernaik (Left Corner): Maharashtra born corner, Girish Ernaik will feature in his 10th season of Pro Kabaddi League and he will play for U Mumba for the first time in his career. He has represented the Patna Pirates, Bengal Warriors, Puneri Paltan and Gujarat Giants since 2014. He was released by Bengal Warriors ahead of PKL 10 auction after scoring 51 tackle points in season 9.
Starting 7: Guman Singh, Surinder Singh, Mahender Singh, Jai Bhagwan, Heidarali Ekrami, Rinku and Girish Maruti Ernaik.
So, U Mumba's predicted starting 7 looks extremely strong on the paper and they look like a serious problem for other teams in the league. Where can U Mumba finish this season?