Top 5 players to play Most Matches in PKL history
The much anticipated Season 10 of Pro Kabaddi League is slated for a start from December 7, 2023 onwards with the Pre-covid format set to make a comeback this year. None of the teams enjoyed home advantage last season as all of the matches took place in 4 cities - Mumbai, Pune, Hyderabad and Bengaluru, phase by phase.
But this is not going to be the case with Season 10. The league will once again feature the Home and Away format as all 12 teams will play half of their matches at home and half of them away.
Fans are filled with immense joy since this news was made public and you can expect to hear plenty of noise from home fans this season. With the venues expected to be jam packed, Pro Kabaddi League is going to produce another Blockbuster season.
Before the season starts, all the teams will sit down at the Auction table to consolidate a strong squad and formulate their plans accordingly. However, with the Auction dates moved from 8th and 9th September, Teams will have to wait a little longer before landing their Target players.
With the Auctions postponed, Kabaddi Adda is here to help you stay updated with Pro Kabaddi League facts and this feature contains the list of Top 5 players to play Most matches in the history of PKL.
1. Deepak Hooda: Haryana born All-rounder Deepak Niwas Hooda is in a league of his own and has played 157 matches in PKL. His longevity is literally second to none. Deepak is among those very exclusive players who has appeared in every season.
Having started his journey with Telegu Titans, Hooda has also played for Puneri Paltan, Jaipur Pink Panthers and Bengal Warriors and has collected a total points of 1119.
2. Sandeep Narwal: Another All-rounder to feature in every season is Sandeep Narwal who has played 156 matches. Sandeep played for Patna Pirates in his first 3 seasons before playing for Telegu Titans, Puneri Paltan, Dabang Delhi and UP Yoddhas. He has scored a total of 645 points in his 9 seasons, including 285 raid points and 360 tackle points.
3. Pardeep Narwal: The All-time highest scoring raider in PKL, "Dubki king" Pardeep Narwal finds himself 3rd in this exclusive list. He made his debut in 2015 with the Bengaluru Bulls but was bought by Patna Pirates the following season.
Pardeep was a key player of the Patna team that won 3 consecutive PKL titles in Season 3, 4 and 5. The 26-year-old has played 153 matches combined for Bengaluru, Patna and his current employers UP Yoddhas. Pardeep Narwal will be eager to add to his tally of 1568 raid points.
4. Rahul Chaudhari: The Showman might find himself at the Player pool for PKL 10 Auction, but it cannot be ignored that Rahul Chaudhari is a living legend of Indian Kabaddi. Just like the players above, he has also defied longevity.
After winning Season 9 with Jaipur last year, Rahul will be keen to make an impact in season 10 after an underwhelming last season (individually). He has played a total of 150 matches combined for Telegu Titans, Tamil Thalaivas, Puneri Paltan and Jaipur, scoring 1039 raid points.
5. Fazel Atrachali: The rock solid Iranian defender is the only foreign player to be included in this list. For those who didn't know, Atrachali is actually Pro Kabaddi League's most successful defender with 400 tackle points.
Last season he was leading Puneri Paltan and almost won the trophy before Jaipur Pink Panthers eventually won their 2nd title. The 31-year-old has played 146 PKL matches from season 2. He has played for U Mumba, Patna Pirates, Gujarat Giants and Puneri Paltan.