2019 Senior Nationals Kabaddi Championships (AKFI) is going on in Roha (Raigad). 45 matches have been played across at 8 groups in the league stage. Top two teams from each group has qualified for the pre-quarter finals happening on 30th January 2019.
8 matches between the winner of one group and runner up of another group is decided.
The tournament has brought the best in Kabaddi together at Roha. The numbers from matches played across just 2 days are staggering.
1007 Players Out - 101 Bonus Points - 65 ALL-OUTS
Given these numbers, it is not surprising that the tournament has seen packed stadiums on all 3 sessions.
Pre-quarters Schedule Senior Nationals Kabaddi
- Matches start at 5PM starting with defending champions Maharashtra taking on Kerala. Maharashtra sans Siddharth Desai will undoubtedly start the match as favorites. Both teams have not been taking bonus points, which is a reason for concern.
- 2nd Match today is Bihar taking on Rajasthan. With raiders Deepak Niwas Hooda and Sachin Tanwar Rajasthan will start as favorites. Historically, Rajasthan has performed quite well in Senior Nationals.
- 3rd Match between Railways and Delhi. Railways, title favorites with Pawan Sherawat, Anna, Pahal and Parves-Sunil duo in their sqaud will take on a young squad from Delhi, many of whom were a part of the Khelo India winning team. [Watch Pawan Sherawat and Siddharth Desai take on each other in Railways Nationals]
- 4th Match between Pondicherry and Karnataka. Pondicherry, lucky to pip Tamil Nadu for a spot in the last 16 will face Prashanth Kumar Rai led Karnataka. Karnataka has been getting a good percentage of bonus points, will start as favorites.
- 5th Match between Services and Himachal Pradesh. Another regular in the top 4, Services will take on Himachal Pradesh without Padmashri Ajay Thakur. Services raiders vs Himachal Defenders led by Vishal Bharadwaj, Surinder Singh, Rohit Rana trio.
- 6th Match between Uttarakhand and Telangana. Uttarkhand get lucky with the draw is likely to qualify for the quarters.
- 7th Match between Uttar Pradesh and Gujarat. This match is likely to be a one-sided affair especially if Rahul Chaudhary and Nitin Tomar fire for UP. Gujarat needs to play like Gujarat Fortunegiants to have a sliver of chance.
- 8th Match between Punjab and Haryana. Haryana has inflicted the most all-outs this Nationals. It should be a good match, more so if Pardeep Narwal and Maninder Singh fire.
Sit Tight and Enjoy Live Updates from 66th Senior Nationals Kabaddi